Monday, January 19, 2015

A little bit about Lauren

I just wanted to take a short post to give some background information about myself (Lauren). I have lived in Orlando my whole life, mostly in the same house up until about a year ago. I graduated from Boone High School (Go Braves!) in 2008 where I played on the varsity softball and weightlifting teams. After high school I went to the University of Central Florida where I majored in Health Science. During college I had a fantastic job at Florida Hospital in the Cancer Center. I worked as a phlebotomist in the lab, I would take vitals and draw blood in the oncology office. I had always been interested in healthcare, but this job really solidified my love for helping, serving, and taking care of others. During my time there I was so set on continuing my education to one day becoming a Physician Assistant, but the universe had other plans for me. I was ultimately denied acceptance into the programs I applied to. After this happened I kind of went into a little funk, I was down on myself and not confident in my skills or intelligence. My journey to chiropractic was tough on me personally, I had actually never thought about it as a career for me. I had gone to a chiropractor many years prior, but never actually considered it. After seeing what Bo did in school and learning more about it, I started speaking to counselors and people around me about it. Let me tell you, I have never made a better decision in my life. Even though I felt lost with being denied from PA school, I found my home at Palmer College of Chiropractic. I feel that when I began school at Palmer, I blossomed. I became confident in myself without relying on others, and I broke out of my shy shell I was in. I just want anyone to know that if you are struggling with anything, just look inside and find out what will really fulfill you, and for myself it is the beauty of taking care of others as a whole person, from the inside out through adjustments, nutrition, wellness, and active care.

If your are on your own journey somewhere and hit a few speed bumps, just try to remember its all part of His plan, and there is something to learn from each obstacle. It's extremely frustrating and somewhat devastating at the time, but once you get past it, you will be a stronger person.

 
~Lauren


No comments:

Post a Comment